06 Dec Protect Gifts From Thieves This Christmas
Nights are getting darker, we’re out at parties and we have expensive gifts in the house ready for the big day; it’s no surprise that each year there is a rise in burglaries around the festive period. According to the Daily Record, 70% of us believe the darker months increases the risk of burglary. In fact, in London in particular, every November, December and January, residential burglary rates sore by a shocking 26% on average.
Here are a few tips to keep your property and possessions safe this Christmas.
- Keep presents out of site; don’t put them under the tree if they’re visible from windows and doors.
- Keep your keys out of sight – do not leave them in the door.
- Make your house look occupied – a burglar will be put off if they think there are people in the house.
- Don’t put instructions on your front door for your delivery drivers, it’s a big give away that you’re not home!
- Consider installing smart home technology like CCTV.
Another tip is to not open the door to someone if you’re not sure who they are or while they’re at your door. ERA Smart Devices provide homeowners with a host of intelligent security solutions. The ERA DoorCam Smart Home WiFi Video Doorbell has a 180° field of view in 720p HD resolution which allows owners to answer the door from anywhere, using a Smartphone.
For added peace of mind, the ERA HomeGuard Pro combines security and smart technology into one package. The package allows users to monitor multiple locations from one account with the benefit of choosing who can access the property with timed access and the ability to revoke access if necessary.
If you’re not sure which security methods are suitable for your home, LockFit offer a free home security survey that takes no longer than an hour. During the survey, we’ll outline any areas of concern and advise you on how you can maximise your homes defences. Any products we recommend are British Standard Approved; this means all products meet home insurance providers requirements and police guidance. This service is absolutely free with no obligation – our aim is to make your home secure.